1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear Pizza delivering schmuck that lives in my building

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The rest at: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4651531

Do whatever you want to his car at the risk of your own karma.

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I'm in the boat of "If they're not assigned spots, tough shit. And if your landloard didn't plow the lot, file a complaint." But I'm also not going to bitch at the dude for complaining about it on here.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Has the six women and girlfriend thing been discussed? I may have gone into the wrong business!
    I gave up after first post but that part stuck in my head.

4. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

She has boobies?!?!?!?!?! And all this time I've been hung up on her brains, personality and wonderful smile.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You forgot to mention he was a sucker for shoveling it in the first place. When I lived in apartment complexes, I'd shovel to the point where I could get my wheels moving. After that, it's all on them.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I agree w/spnited.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Bubbs is right, too, about just shovel enough to get out. Used to do that all the time, then come back and find a parking space where management had plowed.

8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Where'd you put all that snow? Maybe you should have piled it on the car of the hatred so he'd really know how you felt.

But, yes, someone said it earlier: Call your landlord and tell him to clear the lot!

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I had a problem with a neighbor at the apartment complex I lived in years ago. There was no assigned parking (except for handicap), and the snow plowing wasn't an issue. This idiot neighbor kept claiming him and his girlfriend owned two spots for their truck and car, even though the apartment management, as well as myself and other tenants, kept telling them that they did not own the spots. They would even leave notes on other cars' windshields telling them to move their cars. And the silly thing was, there was generally plenty of parking to go around. All it would have meant for them to do is walk 40-50 extra feet.

I nearly got into a fistfight with the guy once (until I told him that his nice fancy truck that was sitting in that parking spot would become mine if he so much as put one finger on me).

The sad thing is, originally, we got along very nicely with them.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I hate the notes left on my car. When I had a roommate in my last state, one of us got one from a neighbor. Every townhouse was allotted two spots, and one of our cars was parked a little wide to the right -- but you could see all the car from our living room; it was a straight shot from the door. I looked out one afternoon, saw the note and couldn't believe they didn't have the stones to ring my doorbell and ask me about it.

When my roommate moved out, I became the only dude on the strip living alone. My neighbors -- three on the left side and three on the right side (with the girl who left the note gone) -- "shared" six spaces. I can't tell you how many times I'd get back from working two jobs at 2 a.m. only to have to park in the "extra spaces" on the lawn. But I never bitched. It was just an extra 50-foot walk. The only time it sucked shit was when I went grocery shopping.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i had a guy threaten to sue me once. i let it go for about three months, then i saw him and nobody was in sight but him and i ... i kicked his ass.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Did he end up suing you afterward?

Draft saved Draft deleted