1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear Pizza delivering schmuck that lives in my building

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Sorry Matador, no beef. Frankly, you're a sucker for shoveling it in the first place beyond any point of getting your car to move. Let the landlord do that shit.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

At our old shitty apartment complex, I had a preemo spot right in front of the apartment. Had it every single day...until the guy upstairs parked his car there one day. OK, no biggie I said. Except it stayed there, with the tires deflated for months upon months. "Oh the engine's shot but I'm getting a new one and I'll put it in," he said.

More months passed.

Then a friend of ours is leaving the house and goes "Hey! Your old spot is empty!"

I sprinted to my car to move it, then did a jig. And I didn't move the car for another week.

"Nah honey I'll just take your car," I said.
    "You're just taking my car so yours stays in your spot!" she says.
    "Yes. Yes I am."

It's the little things. (have fun with that quote function fuckers!)

3. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

I've heard people in downtown Chicago put lawn chairs in their spots to hold them when they leave so people won't take their spots after they took time to shovel the snow. You could try putting a chair out there or something to hold the spot when you leave.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

How the hell would that keep someone from parking in an empty spot?

5. Flash

Flash Guest

You could find out if she has time on her hands:

[​IMG]

6. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

My friend you haven't lived in a big city with limited parking have you. There are unspoken rules when it comes to this shit. My buddy has gotten into a few fistfights in Boston over parking spaces.
    It's like in baseball, there's no rule for a runner on second base stealing the catcher's sign and sending a signal to the batter, but it's definitely frowned on by everyone in the sport.
    Parking in snowy parts of the country, especially in the Northeast - has similar rules.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

brilliant.

8. RedSmithClone

I agree. And make sure you pile it up so the dumbass has to shovel to get it out again!

Get out there and do it NOW!!!!!!!!

9. Jeremy Goodwin

Well, the person could be too lazy to remove the chair. I think it would be like finding a different parking spot because you don't want to move a shopping cart when you're at the grocery store or mall.

Or, it's probably an unspoken rule, like Red mentioned. Your neighbors know you park there, they see you shoveling, they see that's your chair in the spot, so they know not to park there.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Everywhere in the Northeast those rules apply. About 10 years ago I was living in an apartment complex with limited parking spaces and shitty plow service. Once you shoveled yourself out, you put a lawn chair, a traffic cone, any large object you've got in the space to mark it as yours and people respect it.

Last condo complex I lived in had no assigned parking. However the lawn chair in the parking space rule was frowned upon. So I always shoveled out an extra space or two in front of my building to make sure I was going to have a place to park when I got home -- plus I crossed my fingers that people would leave a large enough gap between their cars so the plow could clear out large blocks of spaces.

11. RedSmithClone

That still sucks when you have to clean out a few spots to make sure you get one.
    F'n lazy ass bitches - shovel your own damn spots!

12. Jeremy Goodwin

Amen to that, RSC

Draft saved Draft deleted