1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear Pete. Grow A Set. Love AA

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

I loved Nadal's reaction in the post-match presser. He essentially pulled a Sosa and said he didn't understand English well enough to follow it. I'm sure he might not know the whole back story between Pete and Agg, but he had to sense how uncomfortable it got out there.

2. da el g

da el g Member

Sampras was the class act here, what he did was an impression-not hurtful, how he resisted emptying his pockets and saying at least I didn't spent my money on meth showed class

3. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I agree.
    How would all the Agassi supporters have felt if Sampras opened with a meth joke instead of intimidating his in-match walk?
    I didn't see the big deal in what Sampras did with the walk anyway. Peter Jacobsen mocks every golfer's swing, fills his shirt with golf balls to rib Stadler and it's all in good fun.
    Sampras was funny without being cruel. Agassi wasn't.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I don't think Agassi was trying to be cruel. He just told a bad joke. I think if Sampras had said "I can see now why you were so bug eyed returning my serve. It's because of all the crystal meth during changeovers" Agassi probably would have laughed.

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

He walks that way because of some birth defect at the base of his spine. From what I gather by reading the book, he's pretty sensitive about it.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

No one remembers around 92 or 93, Agassi at the US Open compared the Sampras persona to that of a primate, "like he had swung from a tree."

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Agassi's a racist, too?

Draft saved Draft deleted