1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear Notre Dame fans: I'm really, REALLY sorry . . . . .

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, May 1, 2010.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

The young lady lighting the candles was more subtle.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Um, fnord?

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

That was more lame than this:

At least the dumbshit playing Willy has plausible deniability. Not so with this douche bag

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Shit! I forgot my power towel!

5. So the professor who spearheaded this monstrosity has a screed at the Notre Dame Web site somewhere in which he defends it and talks about how "fresh" the artist with the phallic symbol guitar is. He claims - this is dead serious - that he was "short listed for the 2002 Best R&B Grammy nomination."

At first I thought that this was a bunch of students who had put it together to be kitschy. In which case it would be halfway funny. Nope. University-sponsored with a professional musician in the lead role. With both Mike Golic and Brian Kelly debasing themselves in the last few scenes with their participation.

6. Sportlive

Sportlive New Member

The strange idea, can it the professor together with students has thought up?

7. Jersey_Guy

Jersey_Guy Active Member

That is so, so perfectly Notre Dame IMO.

There's almost nothing funnier than when people unintentionally prove stereotypes correct.

8. What is even more so Notre Dame is that they shut down the comments on YouTube and reposted the video with the comments disabled after they got their feelings hurt.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Remix is up:

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Once the leprechaun came on, I couldn;t watch any more of the first version
    The remix was much better, but A) fuck the leprechaun, B) fuck the guy in the blue suit who appears halfway through, and C) the lead singer needs his ass kicked if it hasn't been already.

11. Piotr Rasputin

The wife notes with some amusement that the repeated "Notre DAAMMMEE!!" sounds a lot like "Flavor FLAAAVVV!!!!!"

[​IMG]

Find the non-white person, win a prize.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Bland AND sophomoric. So perfectly Midwestern it's gotta be a joke.

Draft saved Draft deleted