1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear NFL: Quit having timeouts after kicks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnoopyBoy, Feb 4, 2008.

1. My grandparents were killed by robots

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i bet they asked for it.

3. Well, grandpa did call it a douchebag

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

fuck around with a robot and see what happens?

5. Ruth-Gehrig

Ruth-Gehrig Member

What's wrong with commercials?
    That's the time when viewers go for a snack or visit the outhouse after consuming mass quantities of alcohol.

6. [​IMG]

Poor grandma and grandpa. Should have got Old Glory Robot insurance.

7. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

I understand the point, but I'll give the NFL credit for this: At least the game moves quickly. I can't say the same for college, which seems to drag along, especially the BCS bowl games.
    I think the NFL does it right by having its championship start at around 6:30 Eastern time and end about 10:30. You can't say that for the BCS bowl games or the World Series.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Sunday's game would have been hellaciously fast except for the oversaturation of commercial breaks.

9. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Why are people talking about me, Will Robinson?
    [​IMG]

10. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

I've come to accept the commercial breaks after the PAT then after the kickoff. Like old_tony said, it usually comes after long drives.

What I noticed this year is the commercial when used on an injury timeout. Too many times this season, the player is up and walking off the field, yet they still go to commercial. To me, that's pushing it.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Networks get 8-10 commercial breaks a half, and that's their way of getting them all in.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

If not for this site, I'd never know what penultimate means. I thank Jesus for that every morning I wake.

Draft saved Draft deleted