1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear NBC...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I challenge anybody on this board to a showdown on this.

I found a kink in the system that allows me to avert an interception. I have dominated anybody who ever attempted to beat me on this.

Mine from childhood still worked up until about 2 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. pallister

pallister Guest

It's posts like that that make it so easy to love hating you.

3. Lugnuts

;D

Oh, and I once played both teams and scored over 100 points for each.

Suck it, bitches.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

I think I got into the 80s once, but that was it. Also, I never learned to pass; I just ran every play.

5. Lugnuts

Oh for the love of all that's holy. ::)

I'm going to have to ask you to leave this thread.

6. Manimal?

7. pallister

pallister Guest

I hate you.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Hello, Larry.

9. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

???
    That was the whole frickin' idea of Football2. 1 was obsolete the day this one came out...

Oh, on a totally unrelated note: Thank you, NBC, for flexing the Pats-Bills game to primetime Nov. 18th; you just cost me a vacation day for Monday. (Ah, but now Sunday will be that much more fun... ;D)

10. pallister

pallister Guest

I was old school. Like Nebraska in the 1990s.

11. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

My brother and I used to have 'world champion' competitions on the old Football II. When it came back a couple years ago, my kids bought it for me for Christmas.

Can't play anywhere near as well as I did when I was a teen.

Back to the topic at hand, was it just Mr. Rosie and I who questioned the baseball field and the Spectrum being all lit up for the overhead shot after NBC did the self-aggrandizing "We're going GREEN!" crap?

Sure NBC, sure.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I thought I was the only nerd who did this :D

Somewhere, I inherited an old Phillies bandana that had a baseball diamond printed on it. I would use that for the infield, and those little helmets from the gumball machines for the players. I'd even do the "pitch" and "swing" motions, and kept up with who was on what team with baseball cards and such. Most every day for a summer, I'd keep score and play a game or two. Until now, I was ashamed to admit this. Thank you Mayfly!

Draft saved Draft deleted