1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear NBC...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Nov 4, 2007.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

I've never felt older than when I finished typing this sentence.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fuck. That would mean you played it in 1982. I was definitely not nine years old when I played that with my dad. I'm thinking six. Which is 28 years ago. Motherfucker pall. Thanks for dragging me down into your quagmire.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Giggity.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Miss Cardellini
    Many kittens died for you
    Fuck you NBC

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

My dad couldn't stand that game. "Shut that blipping fucking thing off!"

I'll never forget watching some early 80s MNF game the Bills played in. I went into breakdown mode, "Frank Lewis ... he had 147 yards receiving once on Football 2. Joe Cribbs ... he's never really brought it. The Jets' Abdul Salaam regularly shuts him down. Speaking of the Jets, Ken Schroy is the master of the last-minute, before you flip-the-screen defender move."

My dad gave me that STFU look.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Cosmo, I crack up watching your Kramer avatar every time.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

wow, an abdul salaam reference. awesome. loved the new york sack exchange, although i could have done without gastineau's sack dance.

8. Bubbler

I wanted to go Shafer Suggs, but it would have been the wrong position and he played in the late 70s. The Jets were soooo much cooler when they played at Shea and had the green helmets. Wesley Walker was one of my faves back then.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah, you're a fuckin looooser. :D

I didn't keep stats, but I'm pretty sure I tried to play entire seasons with boxscores.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

In another example of the big giant gap between then and now: Walker teaches at a high school on Long Island. Imagine that: One of the top three current Jets stars sticking around the Island and teaching when his playing days are done.

11. Bubbler

Jaysus. Is Scott Dierking the playground supervisor? Is Johnny "Lam" Jones the janitor? Is Richard Todd still getting booed?

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I was always a big fan of the "Monday Night Football" game that had little records and a plastic record player. One player chose which record, and the other chose which defense to run.

[​IMG]

"The blitz is on! Pass to the fullback! In-com-plete!" (whiir, whirrr, whirrrrr)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted