1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear NBC...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

What's the deal with the green peacock?

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

That's impossible, I had one when I was a kid so it definitely wasn't before your time.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Electric Football was a beautiful thing to look at but a brutal game to actually try to play. Did anyone ever complete more than 3% of their passes?

4. The Commish

The Commish Guest

Here's a great way to save energy: Don't show anything. But that might not work for a TV network.

It's the "Green Is Universal" campaign

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Don't forget Misfits Of Science and The Master.

In my Milwaukee neighborhood, a kid so emulated Lee Van Cleef from The Master, he convinced himself he was a ninja, and had his dojo in his bedroom. This was a few months after he was convinced he was from another planet.

I routinely kicked "The Master, version Wauwatosa's" fake black-belt ass.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

You know, you might really be on to something there.

Very Wag The Dogian.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Screw that crap! I stuck with this:

[​IMG]

By far--FAR--the favorite toy I ever had. You have no idea how giddy I was when they re-issued the game a few years ago and I got one for Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hey I applaud NBC for reminding people to turn off lights and appliances that aren't absolutely necessary LIKE THE LIGHTS AND TV SET WITH TOYOTA PLASTERED ON THEM. AND WHAT DOES TOYOTA MAKE? CARS!

Way to take a stand NBC - way to take a stand.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Typical liberal approach by a liberal network. Window dressing makes them feel good.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Scored a 99-yard touchdown on that game in the final minute to "win". I don't know if I've had a video game moment that's ever topped it.

I'd play whole games (with stats!) with that thing in the early 80s. I can't rememeber how I decided what players were in when, I think it had something to do with what line the ball was caught in and where. Tight ends in the middle, wide receivers on the flanks, running backs for short passes, something like that.

It was the Tecmo Bowl of its time, and yes, I'm old as fuck.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

i have that game; i was good at it as a kid 25 years ago; can't get a first down now.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Man. I can't believe we weren't shut-in best buddies as kids. :D

I'm not sure I ever threw a 99-yd TD pass to win a game, but I have scored the game-winner on a long pass. You complete the pass, elude a few tackles, and then you get into that flow where you're just cruising, making every right move...and there's that great empty silence where you're afraid to take a breath as you keep tapping the > button. Keep going...keep going...keep going...how much fucking longer...DA TA DA TA DA TA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! WINNER BITCHES!!!

I also once booted at least a 65-yd field goal. Fuck you Tom Dempsey! You and your club foot have nothing on my magic thumb!!!

My father and I used to split the game. He'd go one drive, I'd go the next. Honestly one of the best memories of childhood.

Draft saved Draft deleted