1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear Nancy Pelosi...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Nov 15, 2006.

1. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Pelosi's publicly backing Murtha was boneheaded, and I cringed when she promised "the most ethical Congress in history" on election night. Those words always come back to bite you in the ass, and favoring Murtha, Mr. Abscam, was as big of a mistake right off the bat. And if Pelosi pushes Jane Harman aside for Alcee Hastings to lead the House Intelligence Committee, she'll compound the problem.

If Murtha and Hastings were to be kept on a short leash and avoid repeats of their past shenanigans, things will be OK. But I don't have that much faith in the virtue of today's Capitol Hill inhabitants, regardless of their political persuasion.

You're right on this one, hondo, but please, spare us the lectures on governing from the side of the aisle that made a mockery of the process for the last six years.

And while we're on the subject of leadership appointments . . .

[​IMG]

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

To be fair to Katherine Harris, it's not like fake boobs are gonna get you elected in San Francisco.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Too DAMN funny.

The rats are already stinking up the ship.

Two more years! Two more years!

4. printdust

printdust New Member

In the words of John Kerry:

"Help is on the way"

Right, Johnny boy. Liberals invented gridlock.

Carry on.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

You said that with confidence. Care to tell us how you know?

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

No comment ;)

7. OK. "Mr Abscam"?
    Shouldn't somebody who actually took the money and went to prison for it get that title?
    Murtha, whatever his Google results, was right, early, on the only damn issue that decided the election. Nancy Pelosi, whatever happens, is not going to have a K Street project demanding that people fire their Republican lobbyists, or Jack Abramoff writing energy policy.
    Clues should be purchased quickly.

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Dear Hondo,
    Americans made me Speaker of the House because the administration you support and the congress you supported engineered the most corrupt, grossly inept, do-nothing government in the history of this great nation. And that's before we even mention the failed policy in Iraq.
    Forgive me for thinking you might not have my best interests at heart in conveying your advice. Under my leadership we will provide oversight to this president, who has been sorely lacking it over the past six years. Thanks for your interest in the make-up of the Democratic Party.

Yours Truly,

Nancy Pelosi

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Put up the brave face, Nancy. You've got so much infighting going on behind you that you'll have to watch your back.

Wow. And January isn't even here yet. This could be a very entertaining two years.

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

\

Tip O'Neill used Charlie Wilson to rig the Ethics Cmte. investigation. Jack Murtha should have been sharing a prison cell with Harrison Williams. He uses earmarks to help his defense lobbyist buddies and has been a constant impediment in passing ethics reforms. This is the public face of the most ethical Congress in history?

11. "Rig the Ethics Mte. investigation."?
    Source, please, on that.
    I do know that Murtha testified in court against the Abscam defendants.
    You want to whack him on earmarks, and on voting for every Pentagon boondoggle that ever came down the pike, I might be with you. But Abscam's a dead letter, I think.

12. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Today's Wall Street Journal

Draft saved Draft deleted