1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear MPAA: Please update ratings system

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Nov 22, 2006.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Well, this didn't address global warming, per se. Just a general 'man is hurting the environment' theme, and they mixed in a healthy dose of the celebrate diversity themes, too. Don't get me wrong; I have no problem with either of those initiatives. I just didn't like the fact that the makers of this movie shoved them down my throat without warning. Again, shame on me for not reading up on the movie before I went to it. It was like I plunked down the money for the tickets and as soon as the lights went down it was like, "OK folks, class is in session."

2. busuncle

busuncle Member

I can see that. I hate preachy movies, regardless of how I feel about the issue(s) being preached.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

If you don't have a problem with the message why are you complaining about it being in a movie?

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

OUTING: novelist_wannabe is Glenn Beck!

5. novelist_wannabe

Well, I'd like to know before I pay to go in there that there's going to be a message. I just thought this would be the amusing stylings of a dancing penguin. It's the subterfuge I didn't like. Just give me a little advance notice for my browbeatings, thank you.

6. Can we all agree not to use the phrase "crammed down my/our throats" for at least a year?
    I'd like us all to agree that Neil Cavuto is a dunce, too, but I'm flexible on that one.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Stop cramming your ideals down my throat!

8. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

can we add 'kool-aid' to that list as well?

9. novelist_wannabe

I'll stop using "crammed down my throat" when you stop starting political threads, Fenian, how about that?

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I would like to make a suggestion that we call a holiday truce in this matter and use "shoved down your piehole" instead.

Much more evocative of the season.

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I would like to adjust this for clarifications sake:
    "Shoved up your piehole" should be used by Boots.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

novelist,

I appreciate what you're saying, but Snow White had an agenda. The Wizard of Oz had an agenda. Bambi had an agenda. Cars had an agenda. Over The Hedge had an agenda.

Draft saved Draft deleted