1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear Michigan State: This is not the answer to your football woes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Nov 20, 2006.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Starman, you are a savior. I couldn't think of Gil's name for the post.

Bill Frieder can always coach in East Lansing. He wasn't a Michigan man anyway. (God Bless You Bo Schembechler!)

2. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

Mooch has already come and gone as a would-be candidate for this job.
    Maybe MSU will offer the Louisville coach the job at halftime of the Cardinals' bowl game.
    Oh, wait.
    Sparty has been down this road before.
    C-ya, John LLLLLLLLL

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Yes ... to replace Izzo as basketball coach.

I'm headed to Sparty-land soon, can't wait to see the disfunction in person.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

MSU should consider former Army coach Bob Sutton, who (I believe) is now the Jets' linebacker coach.

Michigan native, excellent coaching resume, would add an element of defensive toughness not present in East Lansing for quite some time. Sort of a no-nonsense guy, which would also be a change for MSU, where the outside perception is, it plays fast and loose with discipline.

He could hire an OC and give him quite a bit of leeway. He wouldn't need to run the option like he did at Army because MSU has never lacked for offensive skill players.

This program needs someone from the outside and a complete change of direction.

5. leo1

leo1 Active Member

the strangest thing about this story is that izzo didn't equivocally say, 'no fucking way. i'm the basketball coach, period.'

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They obsessively fixate utterly exclusively on candidates who have played or coached under Perles and Saban, and they wonder why they can never finish more than a game over .500 more than once a decade.

And they wonder why every coach they hire threatens to skip town the minute they do manage to turn in that legendary 7-5 season. Like father, like son. ::)

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I think that's another example of Sparty's Maize and Blue penis envy. They see Michigan doing it with "Michigan Men" and think they can do it using "Sparty Men".

Draft saved Draft deleted