1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear Lucas:

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

How do I get my beak wet?

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Got to agree with all the sediments, uh, sentiments already listed. Yeah, I've actually gotten some good advice and a few tips here, but its also a great place to blow off some steam after explaining - again - why we're not running JV swimming agate or why we can't have someone at the middle school for a high jump exhibition in five minutes, or seen a layout blow up when the tennis coach didn't call in results or the Royals and Mariners just went into the 18th inning, still tied 1-1.

It's a unique profession we're in, that's for sure, yet the newsies still like to call us the "toy department" (unless they need tickets for the big game). So thank goodness for a place the sportos can call our own!

3. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Lucas - I have just one thing to say to you:

Thanks for everything.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Thought you were going to tell him to strike this fu guy out

5. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I would like to echo pretty much all the sentiments on this thread.

This site has been bookmarked for me since the Rich Johnson Sportspages days and is easily my favorite place on the internet.

This place keeps me current on pop culture, sports, music and at times politics. I don't get some of the inside baseball stuff but enjoy the comedy and rivalries of the different personalities on here.

I count myself luck to have read some pretty darn good writing on here as well.

Thanks for the time and effort to keep this place open.

Draft saved Draft deleted