1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear Lucas:

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

A few items. Been busier than usual the past few days and haven't responded to everyone but:

*Yes, THANKS Lucas. One of my best friends in the world and a man who put a lot of time and his own resources into this joint. Enjoy "retirement."

*No, I'm not part of the new ownership group. Been asked about 100 times, not sure why.

*Been really impressed thus far with my interactions with the new group and I think you will notice only good differences. They're taking the baton and running forward, to use a bad sports cliche.

*Thanks to all of you, too, for making this (mostly) a good place to hang out. Though I have issues with a couple of you right now, I generally love you all and this place has been a good thing in my life. I expect that to continue, just as I expect my interactions with Lucas to continue.

2. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Having met Lucas (at a bowling tournament, where else)... I am glad for him that this deal happened.

Thanks, my friend, for developing this site and tending the flock.

3. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Thank you Lucas for giving us the site I spend more time visiting than any other.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

I, for one, welcome our new digital marketing overlords....

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The change in management is apparently a boon to Simpsons fans.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've also met Lucas and while I cannot be happier for him profiting (if you can even call it that) off the sale of this place, he will be impossible to replace as a Webmaster.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I stumbled onto this site because of the whole Wallace Matthews thing. Little did I know I would stay and have such a great time with it and everyone on it. Thanks, Lucas!

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

I've appreciated being a member here. I've made quite a few friends through SJ, I've received support, I've given support and I look forward to being here and still involved with the community as it moves forward.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Lucas

My sincere congratulations on the sale. Thanks for starting this wonderful and crazy "saloon" and your patience with me over the years.

Thanks to this place I've met my true love and best friend in life. 21 and I have talked about naming our first born Lucas.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Not Sandy?

Hi, Sandy!

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Instead of hockeybeat? :D

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I can just see the birth announcement: Sandy Clubber _____-_______

Draft saved Draft deleted