1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear doucheball on "My Boys"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Satchel Pooch, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

You don't bypass a better player (Derek Lee) for a player of lesser talent (Carlos Beltran) during a fantasy league draft because Lee is your cute, little blondie friend's "guy." And you sure as hell do not bring a woman to a fantasy draft.

Please give your testicles to someone who won't put them to waste and cut your hair.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

And you're still watching that piece of crap show why?

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I. Can't. Turn. Away. Such. A. Train. Wreck.

4. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Why do I hear that in the voice of Cosmo from "Fairly Odd Parents?"

And why do I know there's a show called "Fairly Odd Parents" that has a character named Cosmo???

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Cause you have no life?

:D

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Ahahahaahhahahahahahaha ... oh fuck me, I watched, too. Seriously, I almost wished I had a gun to Elvis my TV when she was doing the Turk whatever show.

7. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

What killed me Sunday, when I caught some episodes during the marathon, was that they all were going to Bears games (two episodes, set on two different days) and yet she's covering the Cubs.

How or where does a MLB beat write find A SUNDAY OFF to go to an NFL game?

8. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Or the fact on opening day, her and her friends arrive at a sports bar after the game and she's decked out in Cubs gear. WTF?

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That's when I dove back into my book.

If they'd completely avoid the sportswriter angle, it'd be a much better show.

10. Garner

Garner Member

Liked the first season, but not so sure about the show after tonight. You gotta admit though, that Piniella puts the lotion in the basket.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I think we all get too incensed with the depiction of her supposed profession. As someone said on another thread, they're probably all going apeshit on federalagent.com about how unrealistic "24" is, but who cares? We know it's not a real representation, but it's entertainment. I AM an MLB beat writer, so if anyone should be offended by her actually having a life, it's me.

I find the writing often good, I find Jordana Spiro attractive on multiple levels, and I am determined to enjoy this show, dammit! It's summer, and there's so little TV to enjoy.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

Exactly. There are sports-loving girls with lots of guy friends and they aren't sports writers.

Draft saved Draft deleted