1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear Comcast...stuff it

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Nov 22, 2006.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I got rid of Dish Network this past year and went back to cable (not Comcast). And I like it better.

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Honestly, I think it's just luck of the draw as to whether or not you're going to have a good or a bad experience with your cable/dish company.

Just figure out which one offers the best deal for what you're interested and use them. And then six months later, do it again when another company offers you a better deal to go with them.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I've found that Dish Network is better and that you get more for your money. They don't force you into "digital cable" crap in order to get the sports packages. If I wanted to, I could get the lowest level of programming and still get Center Ice and Extra Innings.

It's amazing how much bitching I hear from cable subscribers about not getting ESPNU. Why bitch about what you can't control when you can do something you can control: switch to one of the dish services. Now I'm hearing the same bitching about NFL Network, which is offered by both dish services.

I get Dish Network because I couldn't care less about getting NFL Season Ticket, which you only can get on DirecTV.

Regarding HD programming, Dish is much better than DirecTV.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Is Dish still blocking Versus?

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I'd rather have ESPN Deportes than ESPNU. I could give fuck all about amateur college athletes.

I have Comcast and don't honestly understand the complaints with them. They almost always have the channels that I have wanted faster than their competition.

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

No, OLN and Dish reached a deal late last NHL season, so Versus is offered on Dish now.

Draft saved Draft deleted