1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear AP ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Justin_Rice, Aug 12, 2012.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Dear AP Graphics person -- please remember to advance the teams to the next round, just don't type in the scores.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Tell me they didn't hyphenate "first-career".

That pisses me off almost as much as "second-straight".

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Or first annual.

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I'd rather have the scores than the team. You can cut and paste the team and advance it. But mixing the numbers to create final scores sucks.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Just move any score in there and overwrite it.

6. EStreetJoe

We don't have anything to edit the graphic in or else I wouldn't be complaining. We can only place it into InDesign and then manually use text boxes, guessing at the font & size to update.

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I don't know NASCAR for a lick...yet I do know that the owner of Hendrick's Motorsports is named Rick...not Rich.

And...little known factoid (probably isn't, but again, I know nothing about cars going in circles): his full name is Joseph Riddick, the III

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

There is no Hendrick's Motorsports.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The Cardinals aren't the defending NL Central champs. The Reds are.

Also could be used as a heads-up to anyone using the gamer from today's game in St. Louis. R.B. Fallstrom calls the Cardinals the defending division champs when talking about the team holding a ceremony for Musial.

10. Kolchak

Kolchak Active Member

Anyone notice that the last college games of the night take like 3-4 times longer than normal for the AP to move writethrus and agate over? Pro sports can also take longer, but not nearly as long as college.

11. EStreetJoe

Dear AP -- how about some consistency in your standings when it comes to postponements.
    NHL Standings -- Bruins game was ppd., safety concerns
    AL Standings - Red Sox game was ppd., local manhunt

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And why the wait on AL and NL capsules until games in MDT are done? Swear to Tebow about half the roundup tonight was NewsNow files I had to massage.

Draft saved Draft deleted