1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear AP ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Justin_Rice, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Maybe the writer or editor reads SportsJournalists.com and agreed with your factual correction and my note of Ohio bias.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Well, I actually called NY to tell them of the Star Wars error. But the Carter thing...that's all on you!

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I can't stand when the AP shows its location-based biases. I'll often flip a story around. If the Lakers are at the Hornets, it doesn't matter that the Hornets won, the Lakers should be the lead for any non-Louisiana publication. The Louisiana papers should cover the game or deal with it.

4. spikechiquet

Yeah, and every golf story should lead with how Tiger is doing...even if he's not at the tournament...tell me if he got the Mahi Tahi or the Pina Colada dammit!

5. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

You're very welcome, Vers.

6. spikechiquet

After waiting....and waiting....aaaaand waiting for the NASCAR Notebook to show up, we finally called AP to see when it was coming.
    Now to note, we did check the Sports Digest and it wasn't there, but for the last umpteenth years there has been a post-race notebook for races that ended fairly early in the day.
    We are told by AP that they are no longer writing the Notebook and instead will focus on writing a blog (BLOGS!).
    How in the blue hell does a content service provider limit access like that? And when in the blue hell where they going to let us (the newspaper world) know!? Our SE never heard anything and I checked the advisories and didn't see a note anywhere.
    So now, our NASCAR coverage for Monday is the gamer and...a short story on the Iditarod! LOL

Thanks AP!

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Did see they were dropping agate on a lot of the secondary tours, like ACRA, and extended boxes for women's basketball ... but not that.

8. Hey Diaz!

Hey Diaz! Member

Hey AP,

Some top 25 men's basketball capsules would be nice this century.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

No idea why they waited to put everything but Duke-UNC and Gonzaga in the first send. Every other Saturday they always have the early games done.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Staffing reductions?

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I went all the way to the top at AP sports to complain about dropping the English Premier League standings in the midst of a season, as they did in February. They'd polled the APSE sports editors - an august group, I'm sure - and "nobody" was using them. Yet, they still move a Euro soccer roundup led most days by ... wait for it ... the EPL results.

I have set the bar on the AP so low at this point I'm not sure there's a molecule of air left under there.

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Dear AP -- You've updated the times and locations in the women's tournament glance on the agate wire. How about updating the graphic of the tournament bracket with the correct times?

Draft saved Draft deleted