1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear AP ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Justin_Rice, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

This was not worthy of an AP news alert ...

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Say that next time you're looking for advance copy to fill the section.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

On the eve of their first preseason game, I think America's most popular NFL team deserves more than a five-graf brief on injuries.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

And the Steelers have a lot of them.

5. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

From the Baylor-ULM advance AP moved today:
    "Senior quarterback Nick Florence will be making his first-career start on the road as the Bears’ quarterback."

I guess those 7 starts he made in 2009 were all at home (and if so, when did Norman, Okla. become part of Waco?)

6. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

I'm just glad they've dumped the who gives a shit NFL 1-32 rankings from gamers.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'd like as many photos of the final play of the Packers-Seahawks game as there are of the Seahawks' cheerleaders.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

You don't say ...

9. LarryCathey

LarryCathey Member

... I just wanted to send my gratitude.

Had you not included a "tweet" from the wife of a player that read, “2010 Padres are not the 2010 Reds," in today's gamer, I would've been left wondering if in fact those teams were one and the same. Nevermind the different rosters, mascots, team colors and different locales, had you not included a "tweet" from Dallas Latos, who answered that specific question for me, my mind would've driven itself crazy. Finkel is Einhorn. Einhorn is Finkel, but the Reds are not the Padres? Consider my mind blown.

(And because I'm so thankful for this crucial nugget of knowledge, I won't point out that the "tweet" should've mentioned the 2012 Reds. I mean, who cares about details when you have "tweets" from wives?!)

10. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

The photo that accompanied the Ray Lewis out for the year story was ridiculous. One of the NFL's best and most recognizable done for the year, maybe for his career, and I only get one photo, and that is a side view where he's barely in the photo? Pathetic.

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I don't understand why AP refuses to put American League Championship Series up.

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

... I realize it's election night, and everyone is online, but can someone please plug AP Exchange back in so it isn't constantly locked?

Sincerely,

Copy deskers everywhere

Draft saved Draft deleted