1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dear Adobe: I love you. RB

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rockbottom, May 17, 2010.

1. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

New work just installed THIS bad boy -- http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/mastercollection/whatismastercollection/ -- on my rig. BOOYAH!

rb

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I usually wait to upgrade for a few months so they can work out early kinks without me as the guinea pig. But I am excited about CS5 and it's getting close. Reading about it, it seems like it is going to be a bigger jump than CS3 was to CS4. Only minor thing pissing me off. We are still clinging to a few G5 Power PC macs. They are perfectly good machines with plenty of power--they can run the Adobe suite fast. But with Apple now only supporting its newer Intel-based machines (Snow Leopard doesn't run on G4s or G5s), Adobe didn't bother with a version of CS5 for a G5. It's pretty shitty the way Apple abandoned customers last year, some with machines that were only 3 or 4 years old.

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Still running CS3 makes me incredibly sad. And disappointed in the cheapskate outfit I work for, which never upgrades.

We'll get CS5 about the time CS15 comes out. I'll pull into the parking lot in my hover boots and --bam! -- it will be installed.

4. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Aw hell, I thought this said Dear Abbey: I love you.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Amen. I've got two G4 Quicksilvers at home, and was pretty pissed when I realized that Snow Leopard wouldn't run on them. I'm still using the original CS software (somewhat legally liberated from my former shop) and being quickly left in the CS dust...

Haven't even played with anything beyond the orig CS. Are CS3, -4, -5 all that different, or just more efficient?

6. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Fuck you all, we're still using Quark 4.1.

7. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

We're still on CS3. Could be worse like Gomer said. One of my buddies just got a job where he had to switch back to Quark aka InDesign for idiots. I pity him.

Draft saved Draft deleted