1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dean Youngblood

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Jun 17, 2011.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

In all seriousness, I noticed the name of a guy I covered in the minors listed in the credits as one of the players. Don't know if it's the same guy but he'd have been about that right age

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Wouldn't be at all surprised if it was. They used a lot of real life players, including future NHLers Peter Zezel (pictured) and Steve Thomas. Even Racki's portrayer, George Finn, played a couple of seasons in the OHL, mainly in Windsor, and part of one season with Toledo in the old IHL.

[​IMG]

3. TwoGloves

This guy played in the OHL the year the movie was released so I bet it was him. He only played one game with the team I covered so that might be while I never heard about the movie.

4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Dang, I thought it was the Tigersharks, but you may be right. I know Larry Kish was high on him out of junior.

Let's not neglect Eric Nesterenko's prominent role. Otherwise, Ed Lauter ever play a nice guy other than being ripped up by Cujo?

5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Peter Zezel...RIP.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Zezel can use the janitor's closet.
    The dressing room is for men.

7. TwoGloves

Probably putting on the foil with Derek Sutton up in hockey heaven.

Draft saved Draft deleted