1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dean Blandino

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jan 7, 2015.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The guy is in charge of all NFL referees. I can find no evidence that he's ever actually been on a field, throwing a flag. Like his boss, Roger Goodell, he is an NFL lifer.

http://nflcommunications.com/2013/02/07/dean-blandino-named-nfl-vice-president-of-officiating/

He went directly from Hofstra to the NFL offices. I wonder how all of the refs on the field feel about taking orders from a career suit. The officiating product on the field is certainly a cluster fuck. Add in the fact that Blandino doesn't understand conflict of interests (hanging on the Cowboys Party Bus this past summer).

Attention Roger Goodell: Quit futzing around with domestic violence issues. Quit hiring women to fill out another useless line on a org chart.. AND LOOK AT THE PRODUCT ON THE FIELD! It sucks. The refereeing is a disaster. Led by a guy who, to my knowledge, has never thrown a flag in anger on the field.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Ooh, Hofstra.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

#CAA, yo!

4. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

He has not ever officiated an NFL game... but he is the guy who was instrumental in developing the replay system.

The product on the field is pretty fucking good, actually. You are always going to have human error, and short of every call going to replay (not reviewed, but initially made, so its a 30-second to 3-minute delay on every play), you won't get a whole lot better than what you currently have.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Blandino is in the tank for the Cowboys.

Isn't it awesome?

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

That's right. For America's Team!/blue font

Draft saved Draft deleted