1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dealing with a little rage

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MertWindu, May 22, 2007.

1. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

OK, help me out here. It was a pretty damn good day up until about 7 p.m. tonight. Then everything went fucking wrong at work, three separate incidents involving people criticizing me for absolutely asinine reasons. So while I'll wake up tomorrow in a perfectly fine mood, right now I want to punch something, or someone, to get rid of this rage. While I'd love to knock on the door of the asshole downstairs and take a swing at him for all the reasons I've brought up on this board before, I like my freedom and going to jail would REALLY ruin my weekend plans. So, what do I do that's quiet but satisfying?

EDIT: I've already considered just getting into a bitchfest on here, but I have spnited on ignore, and don't care enough about Yawn or Pube to mix it up with them. So, strike that idea.

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Hand-to-Hand Combat?

3. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Not all that quiet, and no one's around. Unless you feel like driving.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

get a FUCKING HAIRCUT!!

5. joe

joe Active Member

Well, "24" wasn't on here tonight because of some fuck-up with the station that shows it. So now I have to avoid all the threads about it until they show it here on FRIDAY.
    Um, does that make you feel any better?

6. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

No, but if I do find something quiet and non-breakable to punch, I'll put a little extra oomph in it for ya.

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Anonymous sex?

8. John

John Well-Known Member

Go for a run.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

I'd say hit a heavy bag, but that's not too quiet. In lieu of that, do push-ups. You'll get rid of the anger and maybe build a muscle or two. :)

10. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

The run and pushups are tempting. As it's 12:30 and I don't really live in Mayberry so much, the pushups may win out.

11. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

If you're at home, going for a run would be a great idea. After a disasterous first day in an MLB clubhouse (fuck you, Nomar & your hook-nose), I went running for 4 miles (1.2 uphill at the end) at 12:30 am. Never felt better. The gym would be nice, too. Now, I try my best to bottle it up and unleash it the next day on my hitting tee in the backyard.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Too bad Mert has me on ignore. I really feel for the poor little boy who was criticized unjustly and now wants to kill someone for it.
    Boo-Fucking-Hoo!

Draft saved Draft deleted