1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deal or No Deal

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Twoback, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Ok, how about if your last two choices are 200K or 1M. Do you take the 600K offer or go for the mil? I believe that was the final choice for the woman earlier this year who became the first million dollar winner.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Moment of Truth is predicated on base behavior. Very, very ugly business.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Wouldn't hesitate to take the $600K, unless I was wealthy enough for it not to really matter.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Moment of Truth...some people will do anything to get on TV.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I stand corrected.

6. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Absolute worst "game-show" idea ever.

I've said it before, and I'm sure I'm not the only one to feel this way, but Reality TV will be responsible for the downfall of our society.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I think it was after about a year of no one winning a million.

Earlier this year, each show that didn't yield a million dollar winner, the number of million dollar cases went up. They didn't go past 11 cases tho.

Oh and the stupidest game show is that Hole In The Wall show. I've only seen it on previews, but it looks completely stupid.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

That was amazing. I need to go take a shower after watching that.

9. A friend of mine from college was on the show and was one of the few smart ones.

He walked away with $216,000.

10. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i love the fact that the bitch lost all her money by thinking she was a good person. no, you peroxide demon, you're a worthless piece of shit.

11. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

An interesting conundrum. No wrong answer here. You've killed no matter which of the 3 outcomes you get. I'd probably take the 6 because it's a ton of money that would change my life. Getting to 1 mil would help more, but I'm sure I could do quite nicely on the banker's offer.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

After all those really brutal questions she answers RIGHT -- cheated on the spouse, want to be married to someone else -- the fact that the game-ending hammer is "Are you a good person?" is genius in game-show writing. Evil, but genius.

Draft saved Draft deleted