1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deal or No Deal

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Feb 5, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Show's OK, but Mandel is a total freakazoid.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Of the newer prime-time game shows, I like 1 vs. 100 much better. There just doesn't seem to be any skill in deal or no deal. You're just playing a shell game.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

When I do watch Deal or No Deal I get a laugh out of how greedy people can get when it comes to some of the offers.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I like 1 vs. 100 just as much, but the majority of the questions are too easy.

5. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

I keep waiting for Bob to go off on one of his infamous cussing-comedic-crusades.

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I agree on the questions.

They say somebody having the chance to win a million, but the chances of that are so remote. In Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, at least you were locked into money at two levels. There's no way somebody is going to risk more than $300,000 when they have no more chances to get help (it drives me crazy when they say "you have two helps left") because a miss would mean leaving with no money.

I actually looked into the selection process and you've got to go through a lot of hoops to get on, including recording a five-minute audition tape to send them. I probably wouldn't be perky enough for them.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I disagree. You get several cupcakes to build up the bank, but eventually the hammer comes out. If you still have all your "helps" left you've got a fighting chance, but it seems like no one survives several hard questions in a row.

I like Deal or No Deal too, but only off the DVR. Cut the commercials and the bullshit and I'm done in 15 minutes.

8. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

When you get to the point where you open only one case between offers, it's easy.

Got at least two cases in play worth more than the bank offer? Keep going.

When you get down to one, time to quit.

Draft saved Draft deleted