1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deal Or No Deal: Someone explain the deal to me

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Nov 9, 2006.

1. patchs

patchs Active Member

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

That may be worth watching just because the promo included the "word" shat-tastic.

I know I've used the word shat-tastic before. Usually after nachos and Taco Bell.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It pains me just seeing the promos, the way it pained me during the dreg stages of a bender when you're on your bed staring at Momma's Family at 4:24 a.m. and can't find the remote but can't move to look for it.

4. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

BYH: I've only seen it a handful of times, but this is what I've gathered. There are amounts ranging from 1 cent to $1 million. The contestant first picks a case. Then, they have to -- one at a time -- choose cases (like four to move to the next offer). Whatever amount is in the case they choose is knocked off the board. If you knock out the smaller amounts, your offer from the banker is higher. So you keep doing this until you get scared and take the offer, or get greedy, etc.

That's what I garnered.

5. KP

KP Active Member

Keep the hot chicks on the board longer. Get the fuglies out of there quick.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any ugly chicks on DoND.

7. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

1 vs. 100 is a good show, if only for one reason... it's fun to tune in, see an easy question asked and the contestant get it right... then find out how many of the 100 got it WRONG.

You'd be surprised sometimes. Yikes.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm convinced they invented DVR for these shows. I admit I watch them, but only condensed to 15 min.

BYH, I'm actually pleasantly surprised by Saget on 1 vs. 100. He's good. I can't hold "Full House" against him forever.

9. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

This isn't true. He usually offers significantly less than the average of the amounts left in play. Almost always the players should select "no deal" until late rounds. (Yes, I've been forced to watch this inane show a few times.)

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Currently, NBC has Saget on 1 vs. 100 and John Stamos on ER.

I'll draw the line when Dave Coulier becomes a regular on Studio 60.

Draft saved Draft deleted