1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadwood update

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lantaur, Apr 19, 2007.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Didn't stop Bullock.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I don't know if it was the same interview, but I saw one where he talked about the language and said people in the real Deadwood had filthy mouths for the time, but back then words like fart and crap were enough to make a proper lady faint. They tried writing it that way, but it was just comical, so he decided to make the language extreme for our time.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

That wasn't just Deadwood. It was pretty much the entire world before about 1920.

Every time I think I might like to live in another era, that's what I think of ... the mud, the filth and the disease.

4. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Oh for sure, even in major areas. New York City was only a little better in some areas. I was thinking about watching Boardwalk Empire where the owner of the dress shop told Nucky's girlfriend she was required to take a bath once a week.

5. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Sometimes seems incredible that the human race continued to spawn. Rotten teeth, stinking breath, unshaved ladies, completely gross men, miserable conditions, countless STDs, soiled bedding, no indoor plumbing. But yeah, gotta have some of that.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

They didn't know any better. :)

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Started season 2 last night. And FINALLY, we see Alma Garrett's boobies. Good Lord, that took long enough.

Mighty thin walls back in the day.

Draft saved Draft deleted