1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadwood update

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lantaur, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The most mind-blowing thing about Deadwood is that the guy who plays Dan Dority also played Cameron Diaz's retarded brother in "There's Something About Mary."

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Can't Milch just hire Joss Whedon to put together a graphic novel and give this series an ending?

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Is that a little meeting in the street?

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

A little contretemps in the thoroughfare.

5. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Good lord, this thing will never die. Milch still mentioning a possible movie.

http://www.esquire.com/the-side/qa/david-milch-luck-interview-011411

6. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

When I was 16, I dated a girl just like him.

7. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I just noticed today that if you have Comcast On Demand and are an HBO subscriber, the first season is available currently.

8. Walter Hill directed the pilot episode. I should restate that - the great Walter Hill directed the first episode.

I always wondered how much Hill directing influenced the shows success.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I love the proper use of "fuck" as much or more than anyone. I couldn't get into Deadwood. Just seemed like cursing for cursing's sake.

10. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

They took cursing to another level. Shakespearean almost. Far different from Goodfellas.

I don't know the exact history, but with as much detail as they paid to so many things (set, costumes), I would think they'd try to keep the conversation accurate, as well.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I am a huge devotee of "The Wire" and "The Sopranos" but "Deadwood" has captured me in a way no other series has managed. The writing and dramatic structure are genious, the actors are brilliant and perfectly cast. We're most of the way through the second season and it's hard to turn it off every night. I need to go to bed but I want to see more ....

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Same here, HC. It's slowly creeping up the list of best shows ever for me. Just amazing.

Draft saved Draft deleted