1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadwood update

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lantaur, Apr 19, 2007.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

It's lookiing like the Deadwood movies will be in 2008. That is, if pre-production ever starts and actors start signing contracts.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2007/04/deadwoods_retur.html

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

The delay in filming displeases me, but given all its fucking givens, I will be one satisfied cocksucker if this project finally gets undertaken. I'll bet you a bottle of the Bella Union's finest hooch that America will hold this production tight to its tit.

3. lantaur

It's looking less and less likely that any movies will be happening.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2007/08/deadwood-movies.html

4. terrier

After he popped off about Deadwood would still be in production if HBO had let him cast Ed O'Neill as Al Swearingen, I'm done with Milch. O'Neill is a Hall of Famer after 10 years of Al Bundy, and he was by far the best thing about John From Cincinnati, but he was NOT Swearingen. McShane was the third choice for Swearingen (after Powers Boothe became ill just prior to shooting the pilot), and Milch is probably on crack again if he doesn't realize how lucky he was that the third choice was the perfect one.

5. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I'm pretty sure John from Hell was Milch's big Fuck You to HBO for what they did to Deadwood.

6. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

HBO didn't do anything to Deadwood. Milch told HBO that he wanted to make John From Cincinnati, and that he couldn't do both shows at the same time. HBO didn't want to piss him off, so they said OK to his dropping Deadwood in favor of JfC. This is all on Milch, who now seems to realize what a colossal mistake he made and is trying to deflect blame.

7. lantaur

I know it will never happen, but still ... from Directv VP Chris Long:

""If David Milch says he wants to do 'Deadwood' again, you can guarantee I'd like to be involved in that conversation."

(The 101 channel airs Deadwood)

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Just started watching this series. Through the first four episodes so far. Great, great show. I was totally sleeping on this.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yes it is. Ian McShane is an absolute revelation.

As for any re-launch of the series, they'd better get on it, because McShane is almost 70 years old.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Down the road a ways you will see possibly the most violent thing ever aired on television.

And the syntax of the language just facinated me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Deadwood is the Western that Shakespeare would have written. The language, the soliloquies, it's all Will. And JR and I combined our Amazon gift cards and just ordered the complete series on DVD.

12. terrier

I presume you're talking about Season 3, episode 5.

Draft saved Draft deleted