1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadwood is on right now

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spinning27, Jul 7, 2007.

1. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

And I'm reminded of just how fucking good that show was, especially those early episodes when the camp was just taking shape and Al was running the show.

I really hope Milch will do the two movies to wrap up the series. I think John From Cincinnati is good, but damn, it's no Deadwood.

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Damn, I just started getting into this through Netflix. How many seasons are there, three?

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I missed it. Motherfucking cocksucking shit.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Bad news: In a recent Web interview, Olyphant warned us not to hold our breath for the movies. With all the work he and McShane are getting these days, it doesn't look too positive.

5. Jones

Jones Active Member

I'm in the middle of the third season now. My favorite TV show ever, and it's not close.

6. Saw a preview for that Andy Samberg movie that McShane's in when I went to see Transformers. It looked dreadful.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

An oat-opera, for certain . . . but love it to death. You develop such feelings for most of the characters . . .

8. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

The acting there was just so unreal. I hope McShane is getting lots of work because I'd love to see him in other things.

Garret Dillahunt is really good, too. So good, in fact, that Milch used him as the dude who killed Wild Bill Hickock, then brought him back as Hearst's inside man. And he's also the doctor in John From Cincinnati.

9. Jones

Jones Active Member

I just love how rich the language is. It's like Shakespeare acted out by longshoremen.

Draft saved Draft deleted