1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadwood: David Chase, take notes.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Holy Jumping Jesus on a plutonium-powered pogo stick. :eek:

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah, I just watched it. Wow. That's all I can say.

This episode absolutely floored me.

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Trying not to spoil for those who haven't seen it...
    If this show will ever make you cry, one event early in the show would've done it. It was followed about five minutes by an act of hot vengeance (hot in more ways than one, is all I'll say about it).
    When my time comes (as it did too soon for one of the camp's most beloved citizens), I hope to also leave this mortal coil beholden to no human cocksucker.
    Screw you, HBO, for jobbing us out of the fourth and final season.

4. It does suck that there will not be a season 4 of Deadwood, however the two two-hour movies should be great.
    At the same time, I think there is merit in going out on top.
    I cannot wait for the season finale, with new eps of The Wire coming up in a few weeks.

5. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

From what I've read, those two-hour codas are not guaranteed. Meaning I bet Sunday night is the last taste of Deadwood...ever.

At least once Entourage ends, I can still read Maxim.

6. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

I can live with the two, two-hour finale episodes. But it would be criminal if there is no more Deadwood beyond Sunday.

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Especially the way cast members have found work since the cancellation annoucement. With Gerald McRaney turning up on "Jericho" on CBS, I'm assuming the Hearst storyline will be brought to a climax. And if Paula Malcolmson landed the ER gig before S3 began shooting, I fear for Trixie's life tomorrow night.

Draft saved Draft deleted