1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadspin's List of the 10 Worst Men In Sports

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

This list is fraud without Sean Avery

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Cowherd, like his big buddies in news-screech radio (not to mention celebrity-bitch politics), has perfected the craft of tiptoeing right up to the N-line to true artistry.

Someday soon some brave soul will break the barrier, stomp over the line, and the gates will be opened for all.

However, there are millions of other reasons Cowherd is a piece of shit besides that. Perfectly epitomizes the sports-radio genre of aggressively asinine whining sniggering fratboy which has spread across the nation like a plague.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Canadians only count as 3/5ths of an American.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Hmmm ...

Tony LaRussa - Overwrought ego, but awful person? Not buying.
    Jim Nantz - The affair wasn't smart, and the "our sport" issue with golf wasn't brilliant, but I've got to imagine there are 10 worse.
    Mike Krzyzewski - Whatever ... he wants to control more of the media message. Name a coach who doesn't.

Could have opted for:

John Calipari - Damn the rules, full speed ahead.
    Leonard Little - Talk about full speed ahead ...
    Pick someone from the IOC - No corruption there ... no chance ...

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The La Russa thing must have been a sop to the large online sabermetric contingent. But wouldn't Joe Morgan been a more fitting sop?

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Michael Vick?

Looking through that list again, I noticed at least one characteristic the 10 share.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He picked Sepp Blatter... IOC, FIFA... interchangeable in corruption..

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Cowherd is a festering canker sore on the scab of a crackwhore's wart covered anus. But he's no less racist than John Thompson on his godawful radio show. The difference being Thompson only gets a local show and Cowherd gets a National one.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Not a fan of Cutler, but he's not even close. There's a big difference between being a dick and being a bad person.

Favre should have been on that list. I think Coach K is a dick and I hate Duke, but he doesn't deserve to be on that list.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think Berman should have made the list.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Let's write our own list. The crux is, you can't just list a name, you have to craft the argument.

Go.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I keep telling people that.

Draft saved Draft deleted