1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadspin savages Whitlock and The Undefeated

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Apr 27, 2015.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

And also everything else.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'd wager my entire Kentucky Derby bankroll it was persons, not person.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I feel bad for laughing at this.

I'll get over it though.

4. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

Whitlock just rubs me the wrong way. He would do OK on a TV show like PTI or His & Hers or something, but I am not a real fan of his writing. And he has done nothing since going to ESPN it seems, anyway.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Meh. For a poster named Just the Facts, Ma'am, that thread title is pretty vague. And if you want to get the attention of the wolves of SJ.com, Whitlock needs to be in the thread title, not Greg Howard. Plus, mine was first. :D

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

What really amazes me is the extent to which Whitlock appears to revel in mentoring young writers -- and even middle-aged writers -- so he can paternalize, patronize and demean them. That's just not the way to win anybody's respect.

8. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Thank you Obi-Wan

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Some columnists have such huge egos it's really hard to like or work with them.
    Some columnists are great people and really enjoy sharing their knowledge and mentoring others.
    Very few columnists show any inclination or aptitude for management, which is really not hard if you aren't a paranoid, self-aggrandizing asshole who enjoys treating people like shit.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I was a columnist, and would have been a terrible boss, not because I think I'd treat people badly on purpose, but because I'm not very well organized, which I know from the being on the receiving end means you sometimes treat people like shit by accident.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yes, being poorly organized is pretty high on the list for what gets the staff worked up.

FileNotFound likes this.
  12. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I've heard Simmons is great to work for.

Draft saved Draft deleted