1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadspin reveals story of masturbating ESPN exec

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Den1983, Nov 2, 2011.

1. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Talented as Josh Elliott?
    My big toe is as talented as Josh Elliott for Christ's sake. If he can do it, I'm sure former Florida Dazzler Erin Andrews could.

2. I'm calling bullshit on this one. No way a guy in that position does something like that on an airplane. It just makes no sense whatsoever. If he wanted to make advances - if it was even something like that - I'm sure there were a million better opportunities. This sounds like a case of ESPN being an easy target because of all of its past issues. Bitter ex-employees do exist. And who better to dangle some BS in front of than Deadspin, which has an abundance of pitchforks at the ready anytime someone says those four letters.

3. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

It's hard to picture any rational person doing that on an airplane, but it's probably happened a few times. Maybe this guy wasn't being rational.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Assuming something can't be true because it's sounds dumb and dangerous is a losing bet.

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Story moves on. Clinkscales' alleged accuser has tires slashed.

http://www.laobserved.com/archive/2011/11/what_the_heck_is_going_on.php

6. Cigar56

Cigar56 Member

Agreed. The ESPN exec was making in the neighborhood of $400K total, with bonuses. Throw all that away by pulling your dick out in business class on an airplane while seated next to a coworker? Really a stretch. Other scenarios I could believe, but not that one.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

When does the healing begin for the town of Bristol?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. Never in the history of the world has someone with a lot to lose done something really stupid.

9. Cigar56

Cigar56 Member

Draft saved Draft deleted