1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadspin needs an editor-in-chief

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Hot and Rickety, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Hot and Rickety

Hot and Rickety Active Member

Editor-in-Chief, Deadspin - New York - Gizmodo Media Group Careers

Saw that Tim Marchman was promoted to oversee special projects, though in my experience, "promoted to oversee special projects" is journo-bureaucracy speak for "we don't want to fire you, but we think someone else could do your job better."

It'll be real interesting to see where they go with this opening now that Univision is in charge. I feel like Deadspin has lost its edge and is pretty much doing the same aggregation as everyone else -- and it's usually pretty lazy aggregation, too -- just with more swear words.

Long Snapper likes this.
  2. Long Snapper

Long Snapper New Member

That site is trash

Potter likes this.
  3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

When was the last time Deadspin broke a big story? There was a stretch there when they were breaking news semi-regularly. Am I forgetting anything recent?

I have my history with some of the Deadspin guys, so this might seem like a shot, but I'm asking sincerely.

4. Ice9

Ice9 Active Member

Oh great, where am I gonna go now to get my scoop on the best Ukrainian vegetable soup in Brooklyn?

Draft saved Draft deleted