1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadspin interviews Doyel (SJ mentioned)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Nov 25, 2008.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Gregg appreciates your kind words and when he figures out your identity, he will find you in a press box and give you a nice pat on the back.

2. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I was going to point out those same people. In fact, I think they may be bashed more than Whit or Scoop.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Wow - Hey Grigg you sound like a real ass hole. I'll be outside the press box if you want to discuss further.

When Karen Crouse was on the Jet beat she deserved to be hammered. Her work was awful .

You missed the minority that gets hammered most - William Rhoden

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

someone call for me?

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Bashing Albom is racist, because he's a dwarf (LOTR style, not Little Person).

6. pallister

pallister Guest

People who use their real names on message boards are usually assholes, FWIW.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Where does bashing Peter King fit it?

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Fits perfectly and poetically for your 19,000th post. 8)

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Yup, Doyel nailed it. I'm just an angry, unaccomplished white guy posting on SJ.

Wait...

-----

And we're still reading Deadspin, why?

10. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

This kind of made me laugh. I used to work with a guy named "Bret." Every time he left a message with a coach or secretary, he would say, "This is Bret ... B-R-E-T ... of the Bumfuck News."

And I'm thinking, who the hell cares how it's spelled? The guy is just returning a phone call, he's not writing your autobiography. So long as he can pronounce it, it's all good, right?

11. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Never heard of the guy before this thread. Doesn't sound like I'm missing much. And FWIW, I don't bash writers, I bash particular pieces of work.

But I was curious enough by this thread getting to page three so I looked up Doyel's books on Amazon. He must also be tracking down people who have read his books, because they're aren't many good good customer reviews. The one good one I found, read like it was written by the author or an employee of the publishing house.

Draft saved Draft deleted