1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadspin interviews Doyel (SJ mentioned)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Honestly, he's not. Which is why, when we were covering the same week-long event once, it took me about three days to put two and two together.

2. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Paging shockey to the white courtesy phone.

And hey, I almost wish I had said some things about mr. doyel. I'd love to see him confront me in the "press box" where I work. The day a CBS Sportser shows up at a high school girls basketball game, I will be impressed as all hell. Might even buy said person a beer as a "holy crap, you exist" offering. ;D

time to create some fun doyel threads that will get me noticed!

and yes, I am kidding. I like to stay on Moddy and Webby's good sides. ... although if doyel is single and wants to stalk me, i wouldn't be completely opposed. ... i mean, what? nothing. yeah.

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

That makes it worse. If he was an asshole in every aspect of his career, then I can at least understand his assholish tendencies in print. Instead, he seems to think being a columnist is like being a heel in pro wrestling and I have no respect for writers who make a decision to be a contrarian simply to get hate mail and notriety.

4. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

this thread has potential to be as sticky as the "Giblets" thread.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Haha, every time Gregg Doyel calls anywhere where he has to leave his name, he has to spell it. BOTH names!

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

<i>"Oh, there was the time last year when a West Virginia football beat writer, don't know who he is, was cursing at the college students who were bringing him postgame stats on deadline. Apparently they weren't bringing them fast enough. Anyway, I told him to knock it off. He cursed me, so I told him I'd be waiting for him outside the press box when we were done writing. The guy finished before me and was gone. Crap."</i>

Oooh, he's gonna fight the guy? How fucking old is he? This is seventh grade playground shit, and he's bragging about it.

I don't know Doyel, but this is Grade A asshole stuff.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Maybe that was who was going to fight America in 2000 (Poin) outside Penn Station

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Was it outside or inside Penn Station?

10. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I'm saying any fight inside Penn Station is inevitably going to spill outside, right up the escalators (if they're working).

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Luckily for potential voyeurs, there is a dirty water hot dog stand and a newsstand outside Penn Station. Can get a footlong, soda and a paper while watching two (or more) people pound the crap out of each other. And people say the fight game at The Garden is dying.

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

It's disappointing that Doyel is posturing for Deadspin.

I like a lot of Doyel's work, and find myself agreeing and disagreeing with him without ever feeling like he's making a habit of mailing it in like so many columnists do.

Draft saved Draft deleted