1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadspin interviews Doyel (SJ mentioned)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Nov 25, 2008.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Or maybe he'd know why Mariotti got torn a new one last summer. Meanwhile no mention of the support for the good guys that goes on here. I forget the other guy who was involved with that Mariotti mess, but no one called him an ass.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I'm guessing this is one of them:

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/1003189/

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't need to re-live that thread. ;D

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

What a strange world we live in where bloggers are now fantisizing in print about murdering columnists who dare suggest their beloved superstar might not want to spend the rest of his career playing next to dudes like Eric Snow, and internet sports journalist shock jocks are trying to fight Jose Canseco, or anyone else who dares criticize their talents, their enormous hubris and their obvious self-loathing, anonymously.

Even Norman Mailer, who stabbed one of his wives and once tried to fight a man in a bar who dared suggest that his dog was gay, would find all this ridiculous.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Norman Mailer, dead, could still take Gregg Doyel in a bar fight.

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I wish I could drag Norman Mailer behind my Ford Focus.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Would you change your tune if he were made a hiring manager at The Plain Dealer?

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

God, what a baby that Doyel is (looking over shoulder, for him and for a certain Saturn)

9. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Two thoughts:

Boy, is Doyel going to be busy now, using his triangulation method or his GPS or whatever it is for identifying and then confronting and possibly fistfighting with SportsJournalists.com contributors.

And my hunch is that Mr. and Mrs. Wade are responsible for naming both "Dwyane" and "Doyel"

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

In a heartbeat.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Is it true Gregg's real last name is Marmalard?

If so, here he is getting ready to throw down. In the caf, even - there'll be none of this "I'll be waiting for you in the parking lot after school outside the press box" business here!!

And yes, that is THE Kevin (Chip) Bacon watching his back. Be advised - this guy's got a high-profile posse.

[​IMG]

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This Doyel guys sounds like a real badass.

Who is he, again?

Draft saved Draft deleted