1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadspin interviews Doyel (SJ mentioned)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Nov 25, 2008.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

You know, I would consider it a waste of time to research the identities of posters ripping me here, but Gregg is free to do with his time what he wishes. And if I posted some derogatory stuff anonymously about someone on this board, and that person asked me to say it to his face in real life, I would consider the request to be nothing less than what he deserves. You should be willing to back it up even if you think it's anonymous.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

http://deadspin.com/5097633/when-blogs-go-too-far-yahoo-nba-writer-calls-blogger-after-perceived-threat?skyline=true&s=i

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

"You just made the list."

[​IMG]

Who? All of you.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Lighten up, Francis.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

You don't get to channel "your inner Ed Norton," —-- celebrating a neo-Nazi movie and that curb stomp scene putting on a porkpie hat and cleaning a sewer —- and think that I'm sitting that one out.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll echo his love of Greg Couch, although people on this board love to PM me and tell me how much he sucks...

I like his comments on Reilly and how he looked up to him when he was young, but understands that he just mails it in now...

7. Mizzougrad96

Daulerio is a horrible speller.

8. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Here's something I agree with Doyel on: Good for you, Woj -- that asshole went WAY over the line. And strangely enough, the links to the MVN blog in that Deadspin entry no longer work. Thank goodness for Google cache: Going "American History X" on Adrian Wojnarowski

Other than that, my only memories of Doyel are from this thread, which made him sound like a real asshole.

(And yes, I'd be willing to clarify that opinion in person, if Mr. Doyel ever ventures out here to the press box at Hungry Horse High. Resume available upon request.)

9. Mizzougrad96

I can't claim to know Doyel well, but I've known him for a long time and have spent many a NCAA Tournament sitting at the same table in the media room with him.

He's always seemed to be a good guy. I've always enjoyed his writing. I don't like the talk of throwing down with another writer, but we've all been there before. I'm not sure I'd be bragging about it, although I'm not sure that's what he was doing.

If someone here was one of the posters who Doyel confronted, I'd love to hear that story.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Shit. We don't HAVE to use our real names on here????

11. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Holy cow, that's your real name?

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'm not even sure anymore. Soooo confused.

Draft saved Draft deleted