1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadspin: How The New York Post Manufactured A Stupid Jets Controversy

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by lcjjdnh, Nov 18, 2013.

1. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Deadspin catches Post columnist Mark Cannizzaro distorting quotes to fit his narrative. I suppose it's not all that surprising for such an esteemed publication. But I always wonder whether its buffonish henchman like Cannizzaro are too stupid to know what they're doing or too dishonest to care.

http://deadspin.com/how-the-new-york-post-manufactured-a-stupid-jets-contro-1466918312

2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

The title of that should be "How reporter made up quotes."
    There's no excuse for that. I would love to see an explanation.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Post columnist Mark Cannizzaro

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Regardless of the publication, this is on Cannizzaro. There are plenty of solid journalists at the Post (Joel Sherman, Ken Davidoff, for example) who wouldn't pull crap like this in a zillion years.

5. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

Why the fuck would a trip to Dave and Busters be "controversial!" anyway? Would a trip to Outback be more respectful of the Bills? Even if the made up quote were accurate, who gives a fuck?

I think journaislm hell is being a tabloid beat reporter in NYC.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

My favorite part from the Deadspin post:

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, at least until they got an order from somebody up the food chain.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

NEVER underestimate a Post "journalist."

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Oh great. Another thread where people pretend they're too good for the New York Post.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I'm at the point where I'm too good for The NY Times and their manufactured Presidency.
    I'm betting that amongst Times editorial staff their are a lot of stiff backs from all the
    water carrying they are doing.

11. i guess it's easy to take shots at or make assumptions about people you don't know. but i know both of these men, and i can assure you they would work elsewhere (and be quickly hired) if faced with what you're suggesting.

Draft saved Draft deleted