1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadspin editor quits, blasts G/O management

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Regan MacNeil, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I never understood why Deadspin didn't have an app.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

well that's good and actually gets clicks...

3. CD Boogie

I first started going to Deadspin when Leitch was posting drunk pics of Eli Manning. I certainly never went for his insights into, well, anything. Nice guy, never thought he was remotely insightful or edgy with his writing. None of them were, IMHO. Not Craggs and certainly not fucking Daulerio. I went to the site for funny, goofball stuff and some sports writing. I liked Tom Ley's stuff. Love Magary on football and some dad stuff, but never, ever read his poop-centric shit. And Albert Burnenko, JFC, that navel-gazing twit. There wasn't a 250-word commentary that he couldn't turn into 1250. It's when they started taking themselves so seriously that Barstool got its foothold and took over that niche.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    Tweener and justgladtobehere like this.
  4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Again, "the Concourse" - which is what we're actually talking about - only became the catchall for non-sports content once the other former Gawker sites were sold to Univision.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I know for a fact that people have been told at MLB Radio to stick to baseball.
    Don't shit where you eat, No. 1 rule of the working world.

6. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Honest question: Do any of the people basically asking to get fired have families? As I was watching all of this play out today, that's what I was wondering.

OscarMadison and Tweener like this.
  7. CD Boogie

If they do, they’re fucking idiots. Even portnoy today drew the line; he said anyone at barstool who ever went after peter Chernin would deservedly get shitcanned. These Deadspin morons live in la la land. He said that tommy craggs on Twitter today exhorted people to throw bricks at the window of the owner of Deadspin? That’s insane

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

These guys once outed an alleged assault victim after her father begged them not to do it.
    Imagine being that dad and imagine what you'd like to do to Tommy Craggs/Daulerio.
    Thinking shit through has never been the Deadspin way.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Why buy Deadspin if you’re not going to let them be Deadspin?

matt_garth and sgreenwell like this.
  10. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Because management doesn't any more stories trashing management. Command and control.

11. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I for one am glad to be so small time as to have no chance at landing on Wags naughty or nice lists

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Ruh-roh. ... You just made the list, pal.

Lugnuts and JimmyHoward33 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted