1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadspin editor quits, blasts G/O management

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Regan MacNeil, Aug 16, 2019.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

And it would've been along the lines of "de Castro couldn't land a right hook like Greg Hardy did on his wife." The hypocrisy from some of these guys is astounding.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

lol "legitimately shocked me" ...

Oh fucking peoples.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Re.: Marchman grandstanding on his intent to take a little bit of the stuffing out of the BBWAA.
    Haha, yeah, that's why he did it ... for the nobility of it. Not for his own promotion, never.
    It says something when a transaction like this goes down and someone like Dan Le Batard winds up looking like the adult in the room.

wicked likes this.
  4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I was never a big Deadspin fan. They definitely had some big stories, and some fun content. I liked the "why your team sucks" thing.

Right now, I just don't see how there's a big appetite for over-cynical bitching and whining about sports. Especially with little to no sports going on.

I'm as cynical as they come. But when a whole lot of real life sucks right now, I don't want to read about how other writers think a bunch of things suck. I imagine many people feel the same.

Their content is complaining about first world problems. Ain't got a lot of interest in that right now.

5. Equalizer

Equalizer Member

Julie DiCaro tweeted today that she'll be writing at Deadspin. If it's like her Chicago radio show it will be a complete failure.

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

At least someone is hiring.

7. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

You should tweet this exactly at her. Give her a piece of your mind! Let your voice be heard!

8. Songbird

At first read it looks like Defecator.

Long live the Deadest of the Deadspinners! (or something)

9. Songbird

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Lol. Billy Haisley.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Good luck to them. Hope it works.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It’s a lot easier being the snarky kid in the class throwing spitballs than the superintendent trying to allocate an insufficient budget. That said, I’ll pitch in for an annual subscription.

wicked likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted