1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadliest Catch - Season Five Running Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KevinmH9, Apr 14, 2009.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

No Cornelia Marie this season from what I hear, which completely sucks. I was really interested to see how Josh and Jake will do taking over the operation.

In fact, before I heard they won't be on, I was thinking how, after this season, it would have been a great for the producers to cut together all Cornelia Marie footage on a DVD and create a narrative focusing on the boys' maturation, going from greenhorns to ship owners.

2. I don't know if that's correct.
    Foxnews or somebody ran a clip last week or so with the new captain having it out wth the engineer and saying something along the lines "Phil's not here. He's dead!" within earshot of Josh.

Not that I care ... I'm done with the show. I have zero interest anymore.

3. bigpern23

You might be right. I heard a preview on the radio where the host said Cornelia Marie wouldn't be back this season, but some Google searching for previews seems to indicate it will be — for at least part of it, anyway.

Entertainment Weekly had this interview with the new skipper of the Cornelia Marie, Derrick Ray. Guy sounds like an asshole. He might be fun to hate.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/08/deadliest-catch-cornelia-marie/

4. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I read some story that said the CM went out for a brief time during king crab season to film for Discovery and then headed back in. I don't if it's correct or not. It seems they did just enough to be on the show, then called it quits.

5. bigpern23

Sounds about right ... in the interview I posted, the skipper made it sound like he wasn't making a huge commitment.

The key part:

6. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Re: Deadliest Catch - Season SIX Running Thread

Nice, and fitting tribute to Phil Harris.

Draft saved Draft deleted