1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deadliest Catch - Season Five Running Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KevinmH9, Apr 14, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Deadliest Catch Season Five opener on right now on Discovery.

Anyone watching?

2. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Crap! My DVR better be running! I'll be watching for sure.

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

If not, there's a replay at midnight/ET.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Luddite that I am, there are only two reasons I wish I had cable: Rescue Me and Deadliest Catch.

I take it the Hansens are still on? Sig and Edgar were my faves the first few seasons, which I scoped on DVD.

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

If I could have a beer with any reality show star, Edgar would be No. 1 or 2.

6. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I'll be watching the replay, hopefully. If not, I do have the TiVo set for the season pass.

My wife pretty much hates this time of year. RAW on Monday; Deadliest Catch on Tuesday; Scrubs and The Ultimate Fighter on Wednesday and American Chopper on Thursday.

7. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Oh, yeah. The Hansens are on board and it should be fun to watch them go at it like usual.

8. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

I thought they usually replayed it later, and I'm sure they'll show it again leading into next week's, so I should be safe.

I like the Hansens, too, but I think if I could be a greenhorn on any boat it would be the Time Bandit. Those guys seem like a lot more fun.

Loved the scene last year or the year before when the Hansens went to their dad's grave site on the side of the mountain and blasted the horn at the end of the season. And they talked about dragging his body up there to bury him.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Stagger -- Oh, I've become a big fan of American Chopper, too, which is played on the local CW channel on weekends. Mainly, I watch for the Paul Sr. and Jr. fights. Those are classic. And dopey Mike. And at least once a show, when it's time for powder and paint and I yell along with Paul Jr.: "Nubby!"

10. That was the Hilstrands on the Time Bandit. The Hansens are on the Northwestern. But yeah, that was pretty cool.
    Sucks about Phil missing this season.

Man I do NOT like Capt. Keith.

I nearly missed it. I thought the start was next week.

11. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Haven't watched American Chopper in a long time, but those Sr.-Jr. fights are great. And Mike as comic relief makes for some good TV.

12. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Man, I should have remembered that. And I always liked Keith until the last season. He was just being a prick to everybody. I'll miss Phil, but I won't miss seeing him spit blood into a rag for several episodes. Yuck.

Draft saved Draft deleted