1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dead Coaches Walking (and who is moving up)?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Nov 5, 2007.

1. How 'bout Charlie Weis?
    The team has one win and is headed for one of the worst seasons in the history of Touchdown Jesus.
    Can they keep him?
    Contract or no,the guy has to be feeling the heat ....

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Until a few weeks ago, I would have said Weis could go 1-11 and still be safe. After his performances of the past couple weeks, I'm not so sure. Utterly insane coaching calls, continual scapegoating of players in postgame pressers, rumors of more transfers, Weis seems to be in full Hindenburg mode. They lose to Duke, I think it becomes a real possibility.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

They lose to Duke and my heart will explode with joy.

Congrats, Chuckie. You've made me root for Duke.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

ND can't afford to be paying three coaches at the same time.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Surely not. Think of the poor orphans and street urchins who would go without their gruel.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Yes. Every Sperm is Sacred.

7. I think the guy at Nebraska might be in trouble.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

First off, like the others upthread, NO WAY Al Groh is out in Charlottesville. Even if he was having another crappy season, his contract would make him difficult to can.

Which segues to South Bend - Charlie Weis isn't going anywhere. That contract is entirely too much to pay off, so he'll get the chance to pull the program out of muck. I'm sure Notre Dame are still blaming Tyrone Willingham for this mess, too ...

Why on Earth would Mike Leach even consider going to Fayetteville if Houston Nutt flies away (to Lincoln or wherever)? Barring a bigger program throwing insane money out there, Leach isn't leaving Lubbock.

Another name that could be in trouble: Ted Roof at Duke. The program can't keep up with the rest of the Atlantic Coast Conference, but that won't stop Joe Alleva from making another stupid move.

9. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Croom also beat UK at Lexington. He could not be safer. If they kept him after nine wins in his first three seasons, five or six (or seven if they catch a beat-up, spent Bama after the Saban Bowl) this year locks him in.

10. patchs

patchs Active Member

I think Robinson gets 1 more year at Syracuse. AD Gross hired him and Gross doesn't like to admit he's wrong.
    2008 would be R-son's 4th season so you couldn't blame Pasqualoni's players any more.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

And he did beat a then highly ranked Louisville team.

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

We've discussed this previously. Because of uncertainty at the AD position, I didn't think Croom was in any real danger even if his team had stunk it up again. He's probably bought himself a couple of years if he can finish the deal ... but it may take 7 wins to snag a bowl for the Bullies.

Draft saved Draft deleted