1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dead Coaches Walking (and who is moving up)?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Where is Brent Guy on this list?

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Paterno and Bowden will stay until the other is dead.

Last one the cemetary leaves with the most wins.

3. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

Unless MSU completely shits the bed at the end of this season, Sly Croom is staying. He's taken MSU from nothing to something, and he's gotten a few signature wins on the way. MSU beat Florida last year and Kentucky (on the road) this year, and unless the Dogs blow the Ole Miss game, they'll likely be bowling.

He's staying, and for awhile. He has recruited some studs down there -- he's got a good young QB and a stud young RB.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The latter two I can buy. But no way in heck Nutt goes to Baylor. He might as well go to suckass SMU; he'd win more there.

I could see Ole Miss. Or, he may get on that plane to Lincoln after all in the end.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

CJ, you're forgetting that Croom's team won at Auburn this year.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

That might be true. I read a quote from one of them (not sure which one) earlier this year that "we kind of keep an eye on each other to see who's gonna be the last one standing."

7. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Actually it was Bama he beat last year, killing off Shula. He beat UF in 04, finishing off Zook. With the season he's had, Croom should be fine. And if he wins the Egg Bowl, he might just finish off Orgeron although I keep hearing they'll give him one more recruiting class and a chance to play with the Texas transfer Snead at QB.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That's why it was funny. The latter two DO make sense but, as you said, Nutt's not going to Baylor.

Baylor could have hired him when they hired Kevin Steele but the AD at the time pissed Nutt off during the interview and he went to Boise State instead.

9. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Or he could just have a bunch of grad assistants with towels gather 'round him and pee in a Gatorade cup. That seems to be the way it's done in the pros.

10. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

11. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Andre Ware?

12. bomani jones

bomani jones Member

SEC coaches have got to be hoping that Croom makes a bowl. Then, maybe they can play MSU and not be afraid they'll be fired by Monday morning if things go wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted