1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dead classmates

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'll bet most of my classmates think I'm dead based on the fact I moved shortly after graduating and maintain contact with only about four friends.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You're dead to me.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Nope, one was killed trying to break up a knife fight. Another was shot by a rifle-wielding jealous boyfriend when he stepped out of a saloon.

4. Bubbler

Fuck you Ace! When we have the SJ 20th Reunion, I'm going to have a hot babe I may or may not have paid for and you still won't be good enough for the Plain Dealer!

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Class of 300.

One died in a DUI about halfway through senior year.

One of an overdose a few years ago, one of a DUI right here in Calgary (other side of the country to where I grew up), and one to breast cancer just a year ago.

Those are the ones I learned of shortly before our reunion. There could be more that we just don't know about.

My younger brother had five classmates die before graduation -- two to a suicide pact. My eldest brother had four or so die -- one froze to death in a snowbank.

Crazy shit.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My revenge is to outlive the Plain-Dealer.

7. Bubbler

Cool. May you live to see 2010.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

All of them killed in battle at Thermopylae. Sad.

[​IMG]

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

THIS IS SPARTA ... HIGH SCHOOL. HOME OF THE DEAD FIGHTING SPARTANS.

10. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Forgive my ignorance, but what in the world is a suicide pact? I've never heard of it. Kind of gives me the chills.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Four kids swore to each kill themselves ... two of them were successful.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I'm laughing so damn hard at the both of you.

Draft saved Draft deleted