1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dead classmates

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I've posted this before. While I was in high school, two of my classmates were killed by two of my classmates. The first was murder. A girl disappeared and her body was found about 8-9 months later. One of our classmates was arrested and ultimately convicted of her murder. I think he served about 8 years. The second was a complete accident. A guy was crossing a dark road, right at a curve, and was hit by a car driven by another guy in our class. The driver wasn't speeding - he just hit and killed the pedestrian who chose a bad place to cross the road.

Since high school (I've been out over 20 years), two other classmates have died that I know of. One girl was hit and killed by a drunk driver in front of her husband (an off-duty cop). It was a hit and run and the driver was never caught. Another guy died of cancer about 6 or 7 years ago.

2. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

This can't go unnoticed. Holy shit.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

I think I'd still rather have been the girl than the guy.

Ouch, baby. Very ouch.

4. Four from my h.s. class of 1995 that I am aware of:

* Suicide (hanging in a public forest)
    * Leukemia (he had it our senior year and died shortly thereafter)
    * Murdered by her boyfriend
    * Sudden brain aneurysm. Her brother is actually my brother's best friend, so that one was pretty rough.

Lost a h.s. baseball teammate, a year younger than me, to a cocaine overdose a couple years ago. Also had a college fraternity brother die of cancer while we were still in school.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Double ouch. Imagine how he felt right afterward. I'm not sure how his pecker was doing, but how would you feel if your girlfriend died with -- and maybe because of -- your dick in her mouth?

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'd write that in my profile on every dating website on the internet. :D

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

"My pecker's been known to kill. Seriously."

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

So, she died doing who she loved?

9. Graduated in 2001, class of 108

A guy who dated my best friend (yes, my best friend was a girl) was killed in a car wreck when we were 22.

Another guy had a heart condition he didn't tell many people about, but he did tell me. He moved to Florida right after graduation and died when he was 22.

Neither one hit me as hard as a kid two years younger than me who was on the state championship wrestling team I covered and an all around good guy who was killed in a one car accident.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Getting her head smashed by a steering wheel? Unlikely.

But she most likely enjoyed the activity that led to her demise.

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

We lost eight of our classmates before our five-year reunion (cancer, car wrecks, knife fight, murder by rifle). It was more like a wake than a reunion.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Any chance those two were related incidents, ie. taking a knife to a rifle fight?

Draft saved Draft deleted