1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DC weekend: Four choices

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HackyMcHack, Aug 10, 2009.

1. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Will be in DC the first weekend in October. If you had to choose one of the following four games to go watch, which one would you choose? Ticket budget is $50ish, so a college game on Saturday and an NFL game on Sunday is a no-go.

--Clemson at Maryland football
    --Air Force at Navy football
    --Blue Jays at Orioles baseball
    --Bucs at Redskins football

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

If I had a choice, I'd do something besides a sporting event.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'd do Air Force at Navy. Different atmosphere.

4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

You can get pretty cheap seats at Camden Yards, so it may not be completely out of the realm to go to an O's game and a college game (second Ace's Navy suggestion)

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Maryland tix should be pretty cheap, but I wouldn't mind going to the Air Force-Navy game.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

The Redskins game is probably out of the question considering your budget.

I'd go to the Maryland game, but I'm a Maryland alumnus.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I would say Air Force-Navy as well. I love the atmosphere at Byrd for a Maryland game, but some pretty cool stuff happens at Navy games that don't happen in many other places. If you haven't done Camden Yards before, that's definitely something you should try as well. And tickets will be both widely available and cheap. But then you'd want to spend a good chunk of the day in Baltimore seeing other things too.

Whatever it is, you don't want anything to do with the Deadskins game. First off, you'll kill your whole budget and go way beyond what you thought. Second, it'll also kill your whole day because the beltway backs up for several miles (I'm not kidding, SEVERAL) for those games too, meaning unless you get there two hours before kickoff, you'll probably miss the start. And I don't think I've ever heard anyone say the game day experience is anything above the level of suck. And that's even though my friend's band plays after all the games there.

8. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Air Force-Navy. The military pageantry that's associated with any Navy football game is unreal, and will be turned up about 20 notches because it's Air Force-Navy.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Annapolis in the fall is very nice. As a Maryland alumn, terpidiots.com, I'd go to the Navy game.

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I'll add another vote for Air Force at Navy.

When the alma-mammy played at Navy when I was a freshman, I kicked myself for not going. I heard only great things about the atmosphere.

11. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Eh, I'd go to the National Air & Space Museum or National Gallery.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Air Force at Navy

Draft saved Draft deleted