1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DC sniper execution date set

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Hank_Scorpio, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Make sure to use every last drop.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Allow me to be an asshole for 3 seconds...

"He gone."

Thank you. This tumultuous and frightening period in D.C. and American history has ended.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

They started at 9:06 pm, time of death 9:11, according to the guy on CNN, if anyone cares.

I still remember Headbutt asking us if someone could run errands for him because the sniper was in his neighborhood. I think we sent bitteryounghack.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The CNN report has a bit of SNL quality to it.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Holy shit, that is funny.

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

21, I remember that exchange. I had to crack a smile upon you posting that.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

http://bit.ly/15oJdd

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The last couple of days I've been wondering what happened to the child who was shot getting out of the car to go to school. Mostly because I went to the same middle school it happened at, and used to play little league in the park the shooters shot the kid from. I figure he's around the age he'd be getting out of college now, if he went, but we haven't heard a peep from him.

Actually, the night he was actually IN my neighborhood, I was at work. And I didn't get out until well after he was long gone. I just wanted BYH to go out for me just because, well, you know I was hoping...

9. Boom_70

the reporters/ witnesses to execution seem pretty pleased with the attention

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

11. Boom_70

Canada - no way.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I realize the shooting only occurred seven years ago, but I wonder where the first reporter witness was when this thing went down. Working on getting his driver's license? I'm friends with a guy who has witnessed a few executions - it freaked him out. He was fine when it went down, being in job mode covering the thing, but he called me at like 3 a.m. after it went down freaked out.

Don't know if its a Virginia thing or what, but there didn't seem to be a lot of vigils and claims of innocence for Muhammed. I wonder if its because it's one thing to support some guy convicted of killing someone you don't know over something, and its different if you remember how everyone felt back then when it was going on. Everyone was a victim to some extent. School events were canceled, people weren't getting out of their cars and were rushing inside buildings.

Draft saved Draft deleted