1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DC sniper execution date set

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Hank_Scorpio, Sep 16, 2009.

1. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

I'm not sure that's a case for him having it easier. Mulling over your imminent, intentional and controlled death for seven years vs. getting nailed with a bullet and never knowing what happened to you. Yeah his victims didn't know, didn't get the chance to tie up loose ends, but they say ignorance is bliss. Awaiting your execution has to be mentally exhausting.

2. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

or it could be completely peaceful. Knowing when you are going to die......having the ability to atone, accept it and be at peace with it.

Maybe they shouldn't be told. So each time the guard walks by his cell....it could be the time. Now THAT, would be mentally exhausting.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Isn't that how it's done in Japan?

4. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

No. North Korea.....unless you're a journalist caught sneaking into the country.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

I'd like to think that they would allow a conjugal visit for someone about to go to the great beyond.

6. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

of course.....you just need to be specific with your "last meal" request.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'd order enough food for an army and take a shot at eating it all. If I get wickedly sick, would they postpone the execution? Isn't putting a guy down while he is waiting to take a huge dump "cruel and unusual"?

8. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Nah. They wouldn't postpone it. Because you take a dump anyway when you're executed. Your bowels loosen up and evacuate it all. That's why they put a diaper on you. You just don't get the satisfaction of actually getting to feel the perfect double-tapered shit.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The huge anti-California contingent here will have a field day with this, but I'll post it anyway...

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-deathrow11-2009nov11,0,597884.story

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

When it comes to the perfect double-tapered shit, George Brett is one of the leading experts.

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

No matter where I see J.K. Simmons, I always see him as Schillinger first and foremost. I once made the mistake of watching "For Love of the Game." When he walked to the mound midway through the flick, I wasn't sure if he was going to take Kevin Costner out of the game or try to fuck him on the mound.

12. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

I think it was Dick Hickock of "In Cold Blood" fame, when a guard mentioned to him leading up to his midnight execution, "This must be the longest night of your life."

Hickock: Nope, it's the shortest."

Gotta love gallows humor.

Draft saved Draft deleted